Hey People. Here is the next list of 10 Really Tough Gmat Questions. I am focusing on quants for the next few sessions. I will take up English after that. As always, please ping me on the site or leave a comment to clarify any doubts.
1. There are exactly n families – F1, F2,…. Fn – staying in Mr. Chang’s neighborhood. The number of members in the family Fn is n + 1. Mr.Chang decided to invite at most one member from each family for his birthday party. If the total number of ways in which he can invite a total of one or more members from his neighbourhood, is 2519, find n.
2. A solution of alcohol and water contains 60% alcohol. What percent of the solution must be taken out and replaced with water, so that the resultant solution contains 40% alcohol?
3. If f (x) = 3x + 7 and f(f(f(x))) = 37, then the value of x =
(Hint: – x is between -2 and 2)
4. In a college of 525 students, each student takes at least two items from among pizza, egg white, egg yolk and cereal for his breakfast. If 375 students take pizza, 375 students take egg white, 375 students take egg yolk and 375 students take cereal for their breakfast, the number of students who take all the four items is at most
5. H(a, b, c, d) = 2a + 3bc + 4c2d. If a, b, c and d increase by 80%, 50%, 20% and 25% respectively, what is the percentage increase in H(a, b, c, d)?
6. Pradeep and Manohar started from A and B, towards B and A, at 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. respectively. They meet each other at 9:00 a.m. and continue towards their respective destinations. Pradeep, reaching B turns back and catches up with Manohar, before Manohar reaches A, at 11:00 a.m. At what time will Manohar reach A?
7. For what positive integral value of n, is 28 + 211 + 2n a perfect square? (n is one among 12, 13, 20)
8. The cost of five apples, four bananas and three chocolates is Rs.50. If the cost of an apple, a banana and a chocolate is Rs.12, how much more does an apple cost than a chocolate?
9. There are five sections – A, B, C, D and E – in class X of a certain school. In a certain test, the average mark of the students of sections A, B and C together is 60 and the average mark of the students of sections B, C and E together is also 60. If the ratio of the number of students in A and E is 1 : 2 and the average mark in the test of the students of sections A and E together is
find the average mark of the students of section A in the test.
1. n is 5
2. 33.33 %
4. 225. (ping me for the solution..!!)
6. 6 PM.